Bee Gees, Toto and 70’s trapping

I listened to a little late 70’s music last night and was transformed back to middle school days and the wonderful mystery of trapping. Funny how music brings back other than music memories. I guess all the old den holes, paths and rock piles in the woods from long ago corn plantings all are gone or look different now. I know the old giant chestnut stumps and partial logs back then are all gone. What trapping memories are young kids making now? I wonder how many even have trapping cross their minds through most of the year. I made many a summer “ scouting” trip wading almost dry creeks and looking for isolated groundhog dens that might harbor fur or a rabbit for Mamaw.

3 Likes

I remember Dan Fogelberg was big during the Winter Olympics and trapping season then too.

2 Likes

Wow! Dan Fogelberg , I had to move a lot of brain cells to the side, and dust them off to even remember him! LOL!

I distinctly remember hearing his songs on the radio and big snows on here. I walked many a mile then following fox tracks in the snow learning where they traveled. Several of us on here are about the same age. In the twilight of our earthly lives and trapping careers. I find myself thinking back a lot more than I used to. A sign of getting old I guess.

2 Likes