Eating Blue Gill hole

Saw this on another site and rather post here
Back when I was younger we didn’t have the fillet knives we have today at least my family didn’t
So I was brought up eating Blue gill
Scaled and heads taken off
The flavor is so much better
We also love Blue Gill eggs

Who eats there Blue Gills this way

1 Like

Ate several bluegill that was cooked whole and crappie too. Dad commercial fished back then and we used to steak catfish to fry. Seems like fish with bone left in has a better flavor to it. May be just me.

We always ate bluegill like that and catfish too. I think fish taste better with bone in.

Bone in is really good. My grandaddy always eat bluegill and newlights whole. They have a better flavor and you can eat much smaller fish like that.
We eat allot of newlight and brim like that. We always scaled them but couple years ago I skinned some and they was even better.
I love the fried tails,like a tater chip at the end.

I like fiddlers fried whole we bake whole buffalo too always got a good flavor. You can fry the back but nes out of cat after there fillet and there better then the fillets.

A lot of people don’t even know how to clean fish
Wouldn’t even have a clue

Give me a cork and a hook and a few worms and I’m in heaven I’d eat good for sure

1 Like

My mamaw was thrilled when I’d come in with a stringer filled with little bluegill. They didn’t get too small for her. If I happened to catch a little fiddler she always got the honor of eating it, from me. How I wish I had her now to take a mess of fish to. You younger guys, don’t let things like this pass you by.

3 Likes