I guess I’m out of nuisance beaver

Hanging up the traps for another year. Thought I had four spots lined up but two were a bust. Too much otter sign at one, I didn’t want to chance it. Caught six beaver first night at one place and three at another. I spent better part of an hour yesterday picking up traps and drags in the yard. Hey, it’s almost Turkey season.

4 Likes

I’ve had 2 calls over the weekend about beaver but I’ve hung it up to for year. I need to take an early walk just to listen for some turkeys.

1 Like

Turkeys up in in 6 to 7 county’s are still mostly in big groups not broke up yet.
Gobblers are ready of course but the hens ain’t.
I’ve not had 1 beaver complaint this year normally I do at least a few but not this time.
Colt

1 Like

Now that season is over, out of curiosity, how many traps, total do you try to have set out each night!

Twenty-thirty.

1 Like

That’s plenty in good colony’s for sure.
That’ll keep a knife bloody!
Colt

I’m ready for some turkey hunting

2 Likes

I enjoy turkey hunting because Leon, Dennis, another friend from Virginia and I stay in an old house and hunt together.

3 Likes

The old house is boxed with 100% all American Chestnut. Some boards almost two feet wide.

2 Likes

Places like that I could just feel and touch the wood and appreciate the history of a place like that

Especially with good friends

We have a picture of the old man that lived there and his daughter on the mantle. Leon knows some old stories about them. Very quiet and even a few whippoorwills at night.

1 Like

I love old homesteads,