I’m liking the moss green color

Think this is a good color for bodygrips. I had some like this years ago and did well with them. Will probably stripe or blotch up a bit

2 Likes

Wished I had time to work on mine…working two jobs now and in the middle of a fur shed build. All my junk is still laying all over my garage in complete disarray.

Nice bunch of traps

They really turned out well

Something I need to do

I thinned the paint 1/1 and it was thin. If you use latex I’d follow Colt’s mix recommendations.

Looks great, I bought some hunter green . Going to try it

I’m using a sandy colored tan and splocthing them them with olive drab.

Tan with black splotches looks good.

Those turned out really good, like you, Rustoleum priced me out of the market. I may have to get some latex and try it.

I’ll try to remember to bring one to the meet so you guys can examine it.

2 Likes

I took the hunter green paint and mixed it with a reddish brown paint, both were latex. Thinned with water and did my 330’s in it ! Turn out great looking! Has a sandy brown color or maybe light tan color.

The latex actually has been overall more durable for me than Rustoleum in the past.

1 Like

To me the Rust-Oleum drys to unnatural looking the latex takes on a much more earthy look.
Colt

Colt, I’ve never thought about that but you’re exactly right. The flat latex gives them a more natural sheen. I even dipped all my drags and chains in it. I’ve also dipped my beaver extension cables and they just disappear on the bank.

1 Like

Colt is smarter than the average bear. You two have now talked me into dipping some, guess I need to go get some paint.

Tim, if there’s a True Value over there they have a latex house paint called Woodsman brand. They can mix it in many different colors that are earthy. My house has been Woodland Green for years and I’ve used it several times in the trapping shed. I put mine in a tote that’d allow a 330 to lay flat and deep enough that I could swish it around as it got lower. I saved what was left in the paint cans, thinned, and I’m planning on building some new extension cables and dipping them later on.

1 Like

Thanks Steve

Whats the best way to dispose of the paint when your done? Thanks

I save mine in the cans and keep adding to it year to year like sourdough bread. Never have to dispose of it that way. Must keep it from freezing in the winter.

I went to my True Value yesterday for a few things. Looked at the paint. They no longer handle Woodsman brand and what they did have was as high as Rustoleum. I think the only way it’s economical is to keep and reuse it. Don’t get it too thick. Dipping twice is better than one thick coat. One thick coat might make your trigger wires stiff and peel off easier.

2 Likes