Is it trapping season yet

I done a little fishing this morning, watched a beaver in the pond swim and feed! Made me want to set a trap! :smile:dyed some traps this afternoon! Sure enjoyed the beautiful morning God blessed us with!

2 Likes

I painted all my big bodygrips today. Got ashamed of seeing them rusting.

What kind of paint did you use?

I had two gallons of green latex house paint I thinned and put in a tote. I dipped them twice, came out decent. I’ll probably go over with a cannot two of another color spray to blotch up.

1 Like

Rustoleum is 50.00 a gallon so that’s out.

Latex does fine I used some latex barn paint from ace last time.
Mix it 3 to 1 water for a thick coat and of course add more to thin it on down.
Colt

1 Like

My advice is get busy on other stuff.
I’ve been running swarm traps and fixing to put out a bunch of nets. Been checking my ginseng and golden seal looking for the odd mushroom gardening and still turkey hunting a little.
Colt

Colt

2 Likes

Thanks , I have some I want to paint

My Garden is doing good, potatoes up , pea lettuce growing.been eat green onions cabbage looks good! Got to call a turkey in for a young man thats been going to church with me since he was little! He is a state police now and got to kill his first turkey! He said that was the most nervous racking thing he ever done! He hooked!

3 Likes

Do you boil your connibears traps to get the rust off?

Or better put what do you do to prepare them for paint?

I try and satisfy my trapping addiction with
Catching nuisance critters
Today it was 1 Ground Hog “Bait” for next year

And a Mole I been after my yard is tore up
Plenty more to go

1 Like

I just made sure the mud was off them and any debris that may have been n jaws. My trap and fur preparation are similar. I just want them presentable and not perfect. Paint may not be perfectly even that’s why I’ll go over with spray a little. I don’t like a solid, uniformly colored bodygrip anyway. The blend in better. They might look better to humans but nothing in nature is square and perfectly colored.

2 Likes