What’s a fair price for used dog proofs?

I have a few dozen I’m thinking of selling at the spring meet. Need to clean up a bit and paint again.

1 Like

I seen some at last years meet for sale at $8.00 ea. if I’m remembering right. And they were rusty.

I figure a lot of new trappers and kids would have more fun using them than me. It’s easy to catch a few coons starting out. I don’t anticipate the coon fur market getting back to 2013 levels anytime soon and although you can catch coons in them it’s sort of boring. A lot of people that put out deer feeders like to have a few.

I’d go with $10 just me

You can always go down can’t go up
Not sure of the Brand you have
Or condition
But They should sell quickly

1 Like

I have a mix of original Griz and Dukes. They both catch. Also have four MB1216’s left. I might come up with some other stuff before meet. I have a brand new in the box four foot catch all pole, the good one.

I would for sure do 10 on the grizz traps
Id buy them but as we all know the coon market ain’t the best
I love the grizz traps duke are my second favorite

1 Like

I’m gonna bring some 160 s and jump traps and few others

If there’s a lot of new trappers there that don’t have traps I’d say a few could be sold. I have a lot of lure too. Many unopened many half full. I ought to go through it and have a 3.00, 5.00 and 10.00 box. I have lure I’ve had for years, name brand stuff. It just takes time sitting with it and I like to jack around all over. I might have a fresh batch of beaver/cat lure I make. It’s coming along nicely. I love looking at tailgate traps, books, dvds, tools and such

1 Like

I’d like to have a bottle of your cat lure if you have any

I’m gonna bring some stuff this year. I usually just try to bring a few things to cover my travel expenses… Probbaly some Drags, Beaver Knives, trap setters and maybe a couple Swivel /S-hook benders… I make my benders heavier so they will bend 1/4" round bar… I like having stuff to trade on too

What size jump traps do you have, I may be interested in a couple for wall hangers?

I am going to bring some traps as well, so we may have quite a few tailgaters to give the new folks a chance to pick up some gear and everyone else to pick up something different to try.

I still use some jump traps, I like them for rats and mink… I like trying different traps like everyone else does. especially on the water line

I like number 1 jumps for coon mink and rats have not notice the problems that people always talk about deep catches and tight lock up.
I’m gonna try some 4s this time for otter and beaver.
Colt

I know two or three of them is #3 a couple of ones and one is a 1/12 or two

1 Like

I have several # 1’s and 1 1/2 jumps and long springs and some 1 1/2 coils as well,i will bring with me to the spring meet

1 Like