How do y’all like my new lure label?

I’m going to bottle up some and try to peddle it at small trapping meets. I’ve had very good luck with this one lure for over twenty years. I may have some 2 oz Bobcat Gland by fall.

7 Likes

Looks good. Really like the design.

That’s classy, good job

Looks great! I’m placing my order now so when you have some ready let me know

I think it looks great!!

Sweet! I’d buy it!

The whole label looks good coloring and all. Now all you need is a prostaff

Looks great! Works great!

1 Like

I like it allot.

I wanted it to look 1800’s.

Putting my order in now

Really like the vintage look.

Good looking label.

Looks awesome but it will always be Mr. Pickard’s Super Secret Formula Beaver Lure Supreme to me!

2 Likes

I thought that a bit pretentious on the label. :grin:

1 Like

Nice, i like it

Thank you Ryan for lighting the fire to finally do it. I played with and changed your original submission of the label but it was inspired by you.

2 Likes

Here’s my write up if I try to peddle online.

Thomas Walker first named the Cumberland River in 1750 during his exploration of the area and its tributaries. When Daniel Boone later crossed over Cumberland Gap almost twenty years later and descended into Kentucky he was immediately in the basin of The Cumberland River. He would later cross the Cumberland downstream and spend quite a bit of his time in the drainage area. I imagine many beaver were taken by him close by in those early hunting and trapping expeditions. I have been making and using this lure for 25 years with very good success. All castor in this lure is from Cumberland River Basin beaver that were caught, processed,blended and aged by myself. It has a high quality fixative and enhancer in it that makes it smell sweet and also is attractive to bobcats, fox and coyotes. It is blended to both linger and dissipate well when used and it will put a slight sheen on the water surface for them to follow to your set. On a fisher and marten trip to Maine we used it very successfully in those bait boxes. Many of those caught had my castor smell on them as they’d crawled over the stick applicator in the box. Several of them had the lure stick in their mouth. It has been tested and proven by several other Kentucky trappers besides myself. I am confident this lure works well if you do your part. There are many good beaver lures out there and pelt prices are good. If you’d like to try one with a traveling stranger castor smell from southeastern Kentucky where Daniel Boone once roamed I believe one bottle will more than pay for itself. Thank you.

7 Likes

Great!!! … Not many guys know how to Market a product that well ! Excellent write up; with enough history to appeal to the traditional side of trapping; so much so that you feel like your with Boone setting traps in the Cumberland! That, and along with the practical explanation of how the lure works in the here and now World on multiple species ! I want a bottle for sure myself!!! I look forward to field testing this lure come this Winter!

1 Like

Steve, that is really good, it is well written and has a good hook to draw people in as well.

1 Like