The mud has kicked my butt

I’ve had enough trying fighting it. You can’t blend a set in mud, you either can barely stand or both feet stick in place. I know there’s animals where I’m at. If I don’t see them in the morning it’ll be next year. There’s other places not near as muddy.

1 Like

I hear you Steve this MUD is kicking my but right now too.Pulled some of my traps today too muddy to get to them.

It was so muddy today I could hardly get the stake driver out of the super stakes after driving them. So aggravating. I’m going to pogos next year. Im going to try a piece of rebar tomorrow instead.

The mud also has me thinking I’m going to mostly hay sets from now on. I don’t have a truck so it’s just two bales of hay shoved into my Subaru four door right now. Almost comical. I guess it won’t be as funny when I’m done making sets and there is hay in my car forever. What an idiot I am, but it’s something I want to try. A few years from now I might be worth half a shit at trapping because of crazy shit like this. I’m not worth it right now I’ll tell you what. It takes me so long to get sets out. Can’t wait to be dialed !

I am mudded out

I’m on an old strip pit that wouldn’t be too bad but they’ve made a new road through it and redisturbed the disturbed clay, slate and greasy rocks from years ago. First day in it was snow and frozen. I’ll be glad to quit trying to operate there. Guy has trail camera pics all fall of yotes and cats. Only one yote this week has gone through.

Everything at the house is mud no way around it.

It’s muddy here but a lot of the big rains have missed us so far, I’m able to travel! They are calling for heavier rain this evening! I’m hoping for a cat this morning

I think last night was a good cat night.

1 Like

No cats but at least at didn’t have a possum this morning

3 Likes

I had a possum and a groundhog.

3 Likes

Looks like a big coon preacherman

Not to bad, thanks

We’ve not caught a coyote in 13 days but we’ve been piling the coon and possum up. We’ve had at least a pair each day since the snow melted. Here’s today’s catch.

4 Likes

Awesome , enjoy see the children having fun

1 Like

Good looking crew you got.Should have plenty of help

1 Like

They’re troopers. They keep me on my toes, that’s for sure. They love every minute of it!.

2 Likes

That is an awesome pic. Great job. Which one drives cause I don’t see any room for you

1 Like

They take turns sitting in my lap and driving. I don’t have a picture of the youngest one driving, he’s the daredevil and likes to try to give it all it’s got lol.

3 Likes

Money can’t buy that kinda Happiness

Those are priceless pictures

Pure Love and Fun with there Dad

2 Likes

Some of my best memories are trapping with my kids

1 Like